Mon, 27 May 2013
We discuss terrible drivers, terrible daughters, potentially good news on the star wars front and the troubling onset of nerd-on-nerd violence. Pick your side and come out swingin'! Personally, we'll pick whichever side Towerbot is on (military laser and all).
• Idiot Hits a biker, drives off, and then Tweets about it. http://jalopnik.com/woman-brags-about-hitting-cyclist-discovers-police-als-509059331
• Mom punishes bully daughter by making her wear ugly clothes:
• Star Wars: Rebels is the new animated show, based on the original Ralph McQuarrie illustrations
• Nerd Fight! http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/05/16/184477677/almost-nerd-wars-doctor-who-star-wars-fans-have-spat
Direct download: Frank_and_Bean_Scene_-_S03E21_Tower_of_Technobabble.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 5:46pm EST
Tue, 21 May 2013
We discuss the concept of "too soon" when it comes to comedy and pop culture. Does comedy equal tragedy plus time, or are some people just jerks looking for an excuse? Also, spoiler alert, the Titanic sinks at the end.
• Titanic Museum - Titanic Pigeon Forge (http://www.titanicpigeonforge.com) and Titanic Branson (http://www.titanicbranson.com): Available for church groups, weddings, vow renewals, corporate outings, sales team meetings and all manner of other inappropriate events.
• And don't forget Titanic opoly - the perfect gift for Father's Day! - https://www.titanicpigeonforge.com/cart_detail.php?sku=730799061172&i=011.00011016&q=-2&g=&t=
• The Titanic Adventure bouncy slide (if you're so interested): http://www.cuttingedgecreations.com/titanic-adventure-33.html
Tue, 14 May 2013
In a slightly-abbreviated episode, we look at the hormonal minefield that is teenage dating, why cosplay armor would be a terrible idea in actual battle, and look at the next technological innovation that Congress won't understand but will try to legislate anyway.
• The hazards of flattering women's armor - http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/05/boob-plate-armor-would-kill-you
(which isn’t to say unisex is the way to go)
• If you outlaw files, only criminals will have files? 3-D printed gun plans downloaded 100,000 times
…aaaaaand after we did the show, the government ordered the file taken down, proving that they're not quite up on how the Internet works (to wit: If a file is out and distributed, you can't call it back)
Direct download: Lift_and_Separate_-_S03E19_Tower_of_Technobabble.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 11:22am EST
Tue, 7 May 2013
Daggor returns to share how to save water and your dignity when destroying the bathroom at a stranger's house, then we ponder the role of slavery in the Star Wars universe, and why the Jedi couldn't pass the damn hat to buy Anakin's mother out of bondage. Then we risk our immortal souls to do an audio play based on a Chick tract that deals with the evils of Dungeons and Dragons. Listen. If. you. Dare.
• Fake Shower - Save water and your dignity!
• Slavery in Star Wars - Apparently, it's no big deal: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slavery
• Chick Tracts - First, a little history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_tracts),
Then, an audio play of this one - http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.ASP
Evil DM/Ms. Frost: Brian
Marcie/Black Leaf: Dave
Occult Leader: Brian
Debbie's Mom: Dave
Marcie's Mom/Mrs. Anderson: Brian
Mr. Moustache: Dave